SOUTH CENTRAL YOUTH COUNCIL – MISSION STATEMENT
To Advocate and Provide for the Empowerment, Involvement,
Preparation and Employment of Youth in South Central Minnesota.
Goal #1: Empower and Involve Youth
- Involve and solicit input from youth.
- Promote and support leadership development opportunities for youth.
- Promote and support opportunities to connect youth with positive role models.
Goal #2: Prepare Youth for Life & Employment
- Provide policy, coordination, planning and oversight of youth employment programs and reward positive performance.
- Promote and support life & employability skills training.
- Promote and support career exploration and career planning opportunities, especially in high demand/growth occupations.
- Promote and support basic skill development.
- Promote and support education and training opportunities that lead to a credential and employment.
Goal #3: Expand Partnership
- Identify gaps and recruit members for the Youth Council.
- Establish linkages with youth development organizations.
- Develop and implement information/outreach strategies (youth/community).
- Develop and implement communication strategies (program staff, stakeholders).